Vitamin and mineral supplement, supplying protected vitamins
of European origin and easily assimilated trace elements.
Vitamins & Trace-elements
- Horses and ponies receiving a ration deficient in vitamins and trace elements:
- exclusively hay or grass diets
- “Traditional” cereal based feeds or industrial compound feeds, providing good levels of calcium, but deficient in vitamins and trace elements.
1 measure (35 g) provides:
- 228 mg of zinc hydroxide
- 87.5 mg of copper hydroxide
- 122.5 mg of manganese
- 1.2 mg of iodine
- 1.1 mg of organic selenium
- 26,250 IU of vitamin A
- 2,625 IU of vitamin D3
- 525 mg of vitamin E
- 5.3 mg of vitamin K3
- 24.5 mg of vitamin B1
- 24.5 mg of vitamin B2
- 49 mg of vitamin B3
- 24.5 mg of vitamin B5
- 14 mg of vitamin B6
- 0.7 mg of vitamin B8
- 19.3 mg of vitamin B9
- 0.2 mg of vitamin B12
COMPOSITION / KG
- Zinc (Chloride hydroxide)6,000 mg
- Copper (Chloride tri hydroxide)2,500 mg
- Manganese (Oxide)3,500 mg
- Iodine (Calcium iodate)35 mg
- Selenium (Selenomethionine)30 mg
- Vitamin A750,000 IU
- Vitamin D375,000 IU
- Vitamin E15,000 mg
- Vitamin K3150 mg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)700 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)700 mg
- Vitamin B3 (PP or Niacin)1,400 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid)700 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)400 mg
- Vitamin B8 (Biotin)20 mg
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)550 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)5 mg
- Excipients : barley, magnesium oxide, calcium carbonate, monocalcium phosphate, sepiolite qs 1 kg
- Humidity12 %
- Total Protein8 %
- Crude Oils and Fats1.5 %
- Crude Fibre3.5 %
- Crude Ash21 %
- Calcium2 %
- Phosphorus1 %
- Magnesium3.5 %
- Sodium0.1 %
- The vitamins and trace elements are essential to correct functioning of the organism in foals, young stock, adult horses at rest, in work or breeding stock.
- Copper and zinc are supplied in “hydroxide” form which offers better bio-availability than the inorganic forms (sulphate, oxide, etc.). Furthermore, this particular type of supply protects the vitamins within OLIGOVIT MINERAL.
Indeed, these two trace elements are transported within a crystalline matrix structure, that prevents them carrying out their pro-oxidant effect on the vitamins.
- 100% of the selenium provided is in the form of selenomethionine, the principal form under which selenium is stored in the organism. Selenium stemming from this organic source is better assimilated and stored than that provided by sodium selenite (inorganic form) or by selenite yeasts enriched in this trace element (another organic form).
- Unable to be synthesised, supplying vitamins A, D and E is indispensable to the correct functioning of the organism. Even if vitamins K and B can be produced by the digestive flora, supplementation is advisable. It avoids any production failure by the flora and optimally covers daily requirements, notably in intensively worked horses, who, in addition to increased requirements, often exhibit weakened flora.
Directions for use
Feed alone or mixed with cereals or feed.
In the case of feeding alongside an industrial feed the amount of OLIGOVIT MINERAL given will depend on the quantity of industrial feed being fed and the levels of vitamins and trace elements provided by the latter.
|ADULT HORSE (500kg)||RECOMMENDED DOSE (measure/day)|
|Maintenance||1 - 2|
|Light to moderate work||2|
|Moderate to hard work||2 - 3|
|Growing foals and young stock||1 - 2|
|Stallions and broodmares||1 - 3|
For ponies, divide the doses by 2.
- This product must not be distributed if a concentrate/compound feed containing good levels of vitamins and trace elements is already being fed in sufficient quantity.
- If the ration is lacking in calcium, it is preferable to use PERFORMANCE MINERAL or BREEDING MINERAL, depending on the age and activity of the horse.
- Because of the high levels of vitamins and trace-elements (including selenium) present, respect the recommendations for use.